Monday, May 21, 2012

Digital Voice Awards

Last month, Mrs. Yollis entered me into the Digital Voice Awards ceremony.  The Digital Voice awards is a contest for students and teachers from grades K-12 from Los Angeles County.  Each group or person submits their best classroom or individual technology projects. The best entries get recognized at a virtual celebration. I submitted my blog, Mrs. Yollis submitted Our World Our Stories, and Mrs. Ranney submitted her blog.  We all won an award and Mrs. Yollis' submission received the highest honor for Best Elementary School project award.  Hooray for Mrs. Yollis and all the other teachers and classrooms that participated in this worldwide project! 

 

 

The day of the award ceremony, Mrs. Yollis transformed her classroom into a red carpet event.

 

Students and family from Mrs. Ranney's and Mrs. Yollis' class were all in attendance.  

 

At the end of the ceremony I made a speech to all of the students and parents in the classroom.

 

 

At the end of the virtual award ceremony, they made the surprise announcement of the best Elementary school project.  The entire class cheered, and Mrs. Yollis gave a thank you speech on behalf of all participants of the project.  Mrs. Yollis also presented her students and I with our certificates, and I also received a special award.  

 

 This is a photo of  Mrs. Yollis and me at the ceremony.

 

 

I am very grateful to Mrs. Yollis or getting me started into blogging and to all my readers who write in comments and support my blog.

 

 

 

 

 What do you think of the winning blogs?

 

Have you ever won an award?

 

 

3 comments:

  1. I think that yourself and Mrs Yollis and your classmates deserve all the recognition that you get for your amazing, amazing work. Even though we are on the other side of the world in New Zealand the work that your class does is famous here and an inspiration to lots of teachers and students. I really appreciate how you always put wonderful photographs with your events so that if you are looking at a post you get to think more about what it would be like to be there, I love the fact that your families were invited to celebrate as well, as I am sure that they would have enjoyed it all.
    Mr Webb and Room Five, Melville Intermediate School, Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Miriam!

    Hurrah !!! It*s wonderful. You deserve it

    because you work hard. We are proud of you.

    and wish you much more successes.

    Grands Mila and Isay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Miriam,

    Well done I am so excited! to read of you winning this outstanding award. Also well done to Mrs Yollis and Mrs Ranney on winning an award too.

    I feel you are all such wonderful winners and this is like the icing on the cake for you all.

    I really loved your photographs.

    Keep up the great work on your blog Miriam.

    I have won a number of awards many years ago which I still have tucked way in a box.

    Three Hurrah's from down under.

    Cheers,
    AA

    ReplyDelete

♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥

Steps to Comment:

1. Write your comment in the box below. Please proofread your comment for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization.

2. Choose an identity. (If you have a gmail account, use it. If not, simply choose "Anonymous".)

3. Click "Publish your Comment". You may preview your comment before publishing if you'd like.

♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥